The Best Life lifestyle community offers the freedom of a brand new home, in a secure gated park with `modern facilities and a strong sense of community. Enjoy a sense of connection, a source of friendship, social interaction and shared enjoyment of modern facilties. Best Life brings to its lifestyle estates 20 years’ experience in the retirement industry operating one of the most highly sought-after retirement villages in South Australia.
STAGE 1 NOW SELLING!
Why Land Lease Communities?
- No Stamp Duty.
- No costly entry fees.
- No deferred management (DMF) or exit fees.
- You own your own home keeping 100% of any capital gains.
- Your site fee covers Council, Water rates and ESL
- You may be eligible for Commonwealth rental assistance.
- Residents are eligible for ongoing government cost of living concessions.
You have the security of owning your own home and the peace of mind that comes from the land lease structure, which secures your lease for 20 plus 20 years, providing you with a long-term interest in the land. As the value of the land increases so does the value of your property. Also, your new home is part of your estate as a willable asset.
Land Lease growing in popularity
A Best Life lifestyle community provides you with the perfect mix of lifestyle, location and benefits. It is a smart alternative to traditional retirement village ownership model.
As a resident you will be covered by The Residential Park Acts 2007, South Australian legislation which covers the industry and seeks to ensure fairness in operational practices and ecurity of tenure. You can be confident in your choice to buy your new home and become a resident in our Land Lease Community.
Retirement Villages vs
Land Lease Communities
Many people look at downsizing to either a Retirement Village or Land Lease Community, however there are important differences.
In both models, the land is owned by the operator:
- In a retirement village you pay market value for a dwelling and are granted a licence to occupy it. You pay ongoing monthly fees, but of most concern are the exit or deferred management fees. These are normally a percentage of the value of the home accrued over a period of time and may be anywhere between 25 - 50% after 10 years! In some cases capital gains must also be shared with the operator.
- In a land lease community, you don't need to pay for the land which you occupy under a secure site lease. You pay a modest rental and own the house on the site outright. The house can be sold or left to your relatives with no exit fees and you keep all capital gains. Even better, recipients of Commonwealth payments are eligible for rental assistance for the site fee.
As a land lease community homeowner, you have your own front and rear garden with no shared walls, a car park is next to your front door and best of all, residents are part of a friendly and caring permanent community.
- Community Centre and Kitchen Facilities
- Activities Room
- BBQ Area
- Indoor Bowls
Ideally situated only minutes from Munno Para and Elizabeth shopping centres, Best Life Playford Waters is close to;
- Public transport and the Northern Expressway.
- A network of bicycle trails, nature parks, wetlands, golf and bowling clubs.
- 30 minutes away from the Barossa Valley.
When you purchase a property in a land lease community your costs are lower than a traditional housing option. So, you can sell your family home and free up equity to enjoy a better lifestyle.